Front Street

Saturday, October 13, 2007

COVERBOYS AND CRYING MEN
By Gigi

Are some men becoming soft? …Ladies, if you’re sick of all the over-grooming that men are doing, please raise your hands. If you’re sick of all the men who pluck and shape their eyebrows and in fact, will nudge you in haste to get the last moisturizer at the Clinique counter...lets hear your searing wail!!! I’m so sick of men with their better complexions and manicures; all this metro sexual stuff has become annoying and has gone too far. And I’m blaming this on all the makeover reality shows, plastic surgery shows, Snoop Dogg, Ice T and the Southern pimps. What ever happened to real male machismo? Men should get back to having real huevos or cojones and stop all this nonsense. Better still, I prefer a man who is hombria or un verdadero hombre...which means manliness, courage, integrity, honesty and uprightness. Because if I see another African-American or Latino brother with pigtails, bouncing, permed, candy curls like Shirley Temple or afro puffs like Pam Grier, I don’t know what I’ll do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home