Front Street

Saturday, October 06, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME….
By Gigi

My birthday this year landed on October 2nd, Tuesday; however I was feeling blue the day before and couldn’t muster up the energy or enthusiasm—in fact, I wasn’t looking forward to my birthday at all. At work, I received the requisite cake, flowers and card from my co-workers; but a good personal friend of mind had five additional gorgeous bouquets consisting of 3 dozen roses with baby’s breath (3 different colors), Birds of paradise bouquet and daisies with baby’s breath delivered to me, which I appreciated (thanks boo, XOXOXO).

I guess my feeling blue, stems from not yet being where I want to be professionally as a writer and artist. My horoscope stated that, it was important for me to continue to take things easy and let life come to me. And since I’m a writer, my horoscope further stated, to let my imagination roam because something I had visualized over and over, could turn out to be more than just another idle daydream. I’m not sure what that means exactly; but I’m not willing to be obsequious or climb the greasy pole to fame and fortune. I’d rather keep my hand clean, relatively speaking.

Success in this world is fleeting and often requires unwelcome sacrifices. But also, success appears to pick and choose who it is that will be celebrated and who won’t. It could be sour grapes on my part, but I see some “celebrities” undeserving of this honor; they basically ‘lucked up’ or they know people who know people…some of these people contribute nothing other than salacious gossip for reality TV or the celebrity rags. Oh hell, I’m rambling…never mind. Happy Birthday Gigi, you still look fabulous!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home